For prices and availability for groups of 20 or more call our Memphis office at 901-369-9838 or email Memphis@SweetMagnoliaTours.com
- Beale St. Baptist Church the first brick constructed multistory church in the US built by African Americans for an African American congregation.Â In the basement of the church is where Ida B. Well wrote about the violence and lynching of black men in the late 1800’s for the “Memphis Free Speech and Headlight” newspaper.
- Manson Temple Church of God in Christ (GOGIC) the site of the last sermon by Dr. Martin Luther King before his assassination at the Lorraine Hotel.Â C.H. Mason, founder of COGIC, the largest Pentecostal church in the world, is enshrined in the church building.
- Booker T. Washington High SchoolÂ winner of the Race of the Top Commencement Challenge, is where President Barack Obama came to Memphis to speak at their 2011 commencement.Â The alma mater at Booker T. Washington include Benjamin Hooks, Director of the NAACP, Marion Barry, former mayor of Washington DC, Maurice White of Earth, Wind and Fire and many more noted Black Americans.
- Robert Church Park honoring the South’s first black millionaire, and Lemoyne-Owen College, the oldest historical black college in the South.
- Tom Lee ParkÂ on the banks of the Mississippi River where you will stop to view the Sculpture of Tom Lee, a selfless hero who with his little boat the ZEV rescued 32 passengers of the sinking steamboat, the M.E. Norman.
- St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital where black architect, Paul Williams, designed the first building of the hospital.
- Slavehaven at the Burkle Estate an Underground Railroad Safe House.
- National Civil Rights Museum
Experience all the entertainment Nashville has to offer with the LIVE from Music City tour. In this package, you will head backstage at the Ryman Auditorium, RCA Studio B, and the Country Music Hall of Fame for a legendary experience in music and history.
Learn more about the Trail of Tears with this unique travel package from Sweet Magnolia Tours. Once the heart of the Cherokee Nation, the areaâ€™s history is full of compelling stories of human spirit and sacrifice. Come explore the many fascinating Cherokee sites in the region.
Follow the footsteps of the King from “rags to riches” starting with Elvis’ early life in Memphis as a teenager atÂ Lauderdale Courts, to his sky rocking career after recording his first record at Sun Studio.
- Elvis from Rags to Riches Tour
- Graceland Platinum Tour & Sun Studio Tour
- The highlight of this one-of-a-kind adventure will be at Lauderdale Courts, where you will visit Elvis’ apartment, which has been carefully restored to replicate the original furnishings and Decor.
Group rates available
The Chatt Pass allows you to prepay for Chattanoogaâ€™s most popular attractions, save money and have everything arranged in advance to better enjoy your stay in the Scenic City.
Discover Nashville before it was Music City. Our Athens of the South package includes historical tours rich in Southern history. From guided tours of grand estates to lively entertainment, this package has it all.
Dive into creativity with the Art Lover’s Paradise package from Sweet Magnolia Tours. Chattanooga offers a variety of artistic inspiration, and on this tour, you will get to experience the best. From guided tours to trips to the art museum your creative juices will start flowing!
Explore one of Tennessee’s most beautiful cities with our Discover Chattanooga group travel tour. Visit the Tennessee Aquarium, enjoy a dinner show, and take a vintage train ride through the city. You can marvel at the natural beauty with a visit to Ruby Falls and lunch at Rock City.
Explore the richness of the Smokies! Sweet Magnolia Tours has assembled the ultimate group package to explore the sites, culture, and beauty of Pigeon Forge. You’ll be treated to everything from dinner shows to museums against the backdrop of the Great Smoky Mountains.
Leap into an exciting vacation with the Outdoor Adventure in the Scenic City package in Chattanooga. For anyone who loves to relax while staying active, this package includes cave tours, ghost tours, and adventure courses and more while exploring this beautiful city.
Holly Springs, MS
The Mississippi Delta’s earliest storytellers possessed a similar trait that is detected in the classic writings of southern-based native authors, such as, William Faulkner, Eudora Welty, Tennessee Williams and in the contemporary writings of John Grisham. It is a sense of place and a devotion to the traditions of its past.Â Nowhere in the South are these traditions more evident than in small southern Mississippi towns.