For prices and availability for groups of 20 or more call our Memphis office at 901-369-9838 or email Memphis@SweetMagnoliaTours.com
- Beale St. Baptist Church the first brick constructed multistory church in the US built by African Americans for an African American congregation.Â In the basement of the church is where Ida B. Well wrote about the violence and lynching of black men in the late 1800’s for the “Memphis Free Speech and Headlight” newspaper.
- Manson Temple Church of God in Christ (GOGIC) the site of the last sermon by Dr. Martin Luther King before his assassination at the Lorraine Hotel.Â C.H. Mason, founder of COGIC, the largest Pentecostal church in the world, is enshrined in the church building.
- Booker T. Washington High SchoolÂ winner of the Race of the Top Commencement Challenge, is where President Barack Obama came to Memphis to speak at their 2011 commencement.Â The alma mater at Booker T. Washington include Benjamin Hooks, Director of the NAACP, Marion Barry, former mayor of Washington DC, Maurice White of Earth, Wind and Fire and many more noted Black Americans.
- Robert Church Park honoring the South’s first black millionaire, and Lemoyne-Owen College, the oldest historical black college in the South.
- Tom Lee ParkÂ on the banks of the Mississippi River where you will stop to view the Sculpture of Tom Lee, a selfless hero who with his little boat the ZEV rescued 32 passengers of the sinking steamboat, the M.E. Norman.
- St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital where black architect, Paul Williams, designed the first building of the hospital.
- Slavehaven at the Burkle Estate an Underground Railroad Safe House.
- National Civil Rights Museum
Get a taste for Music City with the Nashville Student Performance package. Each group will have the opportunity to perform at the Grand Ole Opry, receive a tour of RCA Studio B, and explore the Country Music Hall of Fame. The perfect package for music students of all ages.
- Beale Street Blues Tour 3hrs
- Rock n Roll Tour 3hrs
- Soul Music Tour 3hrs
In the quest to identify the roots of American music, all roads led to Memphis, as stated by to the Smithsonian Museum. The Music of Elvis and Graceland, BB King and the Blues, the Gospel of Al Green, Isaac Hays, Otis Redding, and the sounds of soul … Memphis, the epicenter of the Blues, Rock ‘n Roll, Gospel and Soul … this is where it all began.
Each one of our “Rhythms of Memphis” tours begin with a music related sightseeing tour, a visit to the Rock ‘n’ Soul Museum and one other music attraction. All tours end on Beale Street, making it convenient to add an optional Sweet Magnolia lunch and/or dinner package at B. B. King’s Blues Club, Alfred’s on Beale, Kings’ Palace, Pig on Beale or the Blues City CafĂ©.
Explore the richness of the Smokies! Sweet Magnolia Tours has assembled the ultimate group package to explore the sites, culture, and beauty of Pigeon Forge. You’ll be treated to everything from dinner shows to museums against the backdrop of the Great Smoky Mountains.
Discover Nashville before it was Music City. Our Athens of the South package includes historical tours rich in Southern history. From guided tours of grand estates to lively entertainment, this package has it all.
Holly Springs, MS
The Mississippi Delta’s earliest storytellers possessed a similar trait that is detected in the classic writings of southern-based native authors, such as, William Faulkner, Eudora Welty, Tennessee Williams and in the contemporary writings of John Grisham. It is a sense of place and a devotion to the traditions of its past.Â Nowhere in the South are these traditions more evident than in small southern Mississippi towns.
Learn more about the Trail of Tears with this unique travel package from Sweet Magnolia Tours. Once the heart of the Cherokee Nation, the areaâ€™s history is full of compelling stories of human spirit and sacrifice. Come explore the many fascinating Cherokee sites in the region.
Feel the magic of Christmas in Chattanooga with the Enchanted Christmas in the Scenic City package. From Christmas caroling to visits with Santa, this tour has everything to remind you that the holidays are the most wonderful time of the year.
Memphis, the Gateway to the Old South, is one of the most beautiful cities in the Southern United States. Filled with Southern charm, beautifully restored mansions, sculptured tree-lined parkways, on a setting high on the Fourth Chickasaw Bluff, this river city boasts of glowing sunsets over the Mississippi, the world’s finest BBQ restaurants, and the “Red, Hot and Blue” sounds of the Beale St. Historic Entertainment Distinct. Come with us on this inclusive tour to explore the city that is called, “The City of Good Abode.”
Welcome to the Mississippi Delta where writers and blues men, planters and scholars have lived and created the culture that we call “the Old South.” In many small towns dotted along the roadside this culture has remained virtually unchanged throughout the many decades since Plantation Life flourished in the Delta. You will be traveling down one of those roads today, Highway 61, America’s “Blues Highway” on your way to Clarksdale, a town highly acclaimed for keeping the blues alive. Clarksdale is a mix of legend, lore and literary greatness. It is not only home to many of the original blues artists of our time but also, the famous playwright Tennessee Williams. Experience theÂ Clarksdale Delta Blues Tour today!Â
- Fully excorted & narrated by our professional tour guide.
- A tour inside the Delta Blues Museum.
- Lunch at Ground Zero.
- Visit Hobson Plantation and the Commissary.
- Group will be given an “RC Cola and Moon Pie” upon departure from Clarksdale.
Group Rates Available
Experience all the entertainment Nashville has to offer with the LIVE from Music City tour. In this package, you will head backstage at the Ryman Auditorium, RCA Studio B, and the Country Music Hall of Fame for a legendary experience in music and history.